WT720 - Nigel Spurr MoD Surplus (gate guard, pole mounted), North Scarle, Lincolnshire
Hunter F.51 WT720 at RAF Sealand, April 2000; Garry Lakin
Delivered straight to the RDAF, E-408 served with Esk724 from 1956 to 1974. Bought back by Hawker Siddeley in 1976 with the intention of reselling it, E-408 failed to find a buyer and was eventually allocated to RAF Brawdy for display. Once Brawdy found a more appropriate Hunter (FGA.9 XE624), it moved on to RAF Cranwell and was painted as XF979 (the real XF979 being converted to FGA.73B standard and sold to Jordan). In 1988 the aircraft moved to RAF Sealand and in 1990 was restored and repainted as WT720 (the real WT720 was retired in 1964 and scrapped). In mid 2006 with Sealand's closure she was sold to Nigel Spurr who had her moved and put on display within his facility on the Swinderby Road just south-east of North Scarle.
Find other photos of WT720 on the following sites:
Air-Britain - Airliners.net - Airplane-Pictures.net - flickr.com - WorldAirPics.com - JetPhotos.net - PlanePictures.net