If you'd like to suggest a relevant link to add to this page, please use the
Suggest Link feature. Commercial organisations - please get in touch for terms
if you are interested in a banner link; text-only links will require less bribery to be applied.
I'll be linking only to sites that relate in some way to this one (i.e. British aviation, preferably post-war).
AirNet is a huge categorised list of aviation links - over 25,000 at the time of writing.
Post-war British Jets
- A Little VC10derness - Jelle Hieminga's excellent site on that classic British airliner, the VC10. News items, history, technical information, photos, memories and a forum among oher things.
- A Tribute to the English Electric Canberra - An excellent site from Les Bywaters, ex-RAF Canberra groundcrew. Lots of photos, squadron details, listing of surviving airframes etc.
- The Lightning Association - A source of anything to do with the English Electric Lightning and XR724.
- The Victor Association - After 18 years of continuous operation the Victor Association has officially declared its long awaited and much needed website officially open.
- Wreck Hunters - A site devoted to Belgian 'wrecks and relics' - which of course include several British types. Very handy if you're planning a trip to Belgium and want to seek out various preserved (and not so preserved) aircraft there.
Post-war British Prop-jobs
- Varsity WJ897 - The tragic story of Varsity WJ897, operated by the Leicester Aircraft Preservation Group in the late 1970s and early 1980s until it crashed in 1984, killing 11 of the 14 onboard.
- Boscombe Down Aviation Collection - The Collection aims to tell the story of flight and flight test at Boscombe Down
- Midland Air Museum - The country's friendliest air museum - I feel! Located on the edge of Coventry Airport, with an impressive collection around the theme of the jet engine. Most airframes are outdoors and many cockpits are opened up for visitors to look in - a must-visit.
- Newark Air Museum - One of the country's best air museums, with a large collection, much undercover in two large hangars. Lots to see and regular events for photographers too!
- Aircraft Resource Center - A large site with model reviews, galleries, walkarounds, tools and tips and a huge and very busy discussion forum. Rather US-centric.
- Airfix Tribute Forum - The Airfix Tribute Forum was established in April 2006 to discuss the making of Airfix models and includes a busy forum (of course) and a history section.
- European Modeller - Modelling news, reviews and forums with a European flavour.
- Internet Modeler - A free monthly online magazine on all aspects of modelling.
- Kit's Kits - Kit's Kits is run by Chris Summers - an all-round good egg, member of the Lightning Preservation Group, keen modeller and he has been selling kits since 2005. Well worth a visit with a good mix of scales and both new and second-hand kits.
- RAM Models - Race, Aviation & Military model shop
- Unofficial Airfix Modellers' Forum - Another forum for builders of Airfix and other manufacturers' kits, and also home to the Classic British Kits Special Interest Group of the IPMS(UK).
- Airfield Information Exchange - The public forums of the Airfield Research Group - the history and archaelogy of old airfields is a fascinating subject and these forums are an increasingly busy and useful resource.
- Flyer Forums - Flyer Magazine's forums, mostly general aviation coverage.
- Plane Talk - Small but perfectly formed - formed by those fed up with certain other forums, with a bit of a slant towards pre-cold-war aviation though classic jets do get a look in from time to time!
- UK Airshow Review - A busy set of forums, not just about UK airshows but the UK aviation scene in general with a popular selection of photographic forums too.
- UKGA - A site for GA flyers, with a slightly clunky set of forums.
- Abingdon Air & Country Show - A mix of fly-in, airshow and country fayre that has been going from strength to strength in recent years. Supporting the local Air Ambulance.
- IWM Duxford Airshows - A regular airshow venue throughout the summer, with most shows including some classic jet content
- Little Gransden Air & Vintage Vehicle Show - An intimate show with a garden party atmosphere. Despite the efforts of the petty bureaucrats at the local council to shut this charity show down it has raised tens of thousands for Children in Need over the last few years.
- Shuttleworth Collection Airshows - A regular airshow venue at Old Warden in Bedfordshire - mostly classic prop jobs, but occasional jet content. Undoubtedly one of the UK's best airshow venues, with all the flying nice and close and an intimate feel to proceedings.
- Sywell Airshow - A bi-annual 1930s themed show with something for everyone at an excellent all-grass airfield in Northamptonshire. Supporting the local Air Ambulance.
- Diana Britten Aerobatics - Diana is the only British female display pilot with an unlimited aerobatic Display Authorisation and flies displays in her CAP 232 at airshows throughout the UK and Europe.
- 74 (F) Tiger Squadron Association - Membership of the 74 (F) Squadron Association is open to all ranks of the Squadron, their wives and their families. Those who have an interest in the squadron as historians and researchers are also welcome to join as associate members.