F.51 E-419 - North East Land, Sea and Air Museum, Sunderland, Northumberland & Tyneside
Hunter F.51 E-419 at Sunderland, 27th August 2013; Bob Lawson
This Hunter is in the process of being repainted (not that you can tell from this angle) and is generally in good condition. As is typical with the NEAM, it is difficult to get a good photograph due to the confined space. E419 first flew on 24th April 1956 and served with the RDAF with 724 Squadron at Aalborg. In 1958 it moved to Karup and then to Skyrdstrup in March 1959. It was struck off charge on 21st Nov.1973 and purchased by Hawker Siddeley on 10th April 1976 with the intention of refurbishing it. It had flown 3,183 hours at this time. When the plan to refurbish was dropped, the aircraft was donated to the Museum and moved there on 9th Feb 1977.
Since being at the museum, E-419 has undergone restoration and is looking smart in the photo above taken in 2013.
Information on this page current as of 03/08/2021, last updated by Jake
Find other photos of E-419 on the following sites:
Air-Britain - Airliners.net - Airplane-Pictures.net - flickr.com - WorldAirPics.com - JetPhotos.net - PlanePictures.net