T.7 XL592 - Privately owned, Maidenhead, Berkshire
Hunter T.7 XL592 at Kemble, 17th September 2008; Damien Burke
XL592 first flew on 30th August 1958 and entered service with 229OCU at RAF Chivenor a month later. When Chivenor closed in 1974, 229 moved to Brawdy and the OCU became the Tactical Weapons Unit (TWU). XL592 was allocated to 1TWU and was retired in 1984, Hunters having been replaced by Hawks. Stored at St Athan, she was moved to Scampton for ground training with the TMTS (Trade Management Training School) as 8836M. After purchase by CJAC, XL592 went into storage pending a restoration to flight but then moved on to Delta Jets at Kemble, and use for spares. With Delta's collapse she moved on once again and was on display at Booker for some time. She has recently moved to a site not far from White Waltham airfield, south of Maidenhead.
Information on this page current as of 26/10/2014, last updated by Damien
Find other photos of XL592 on the following sites:
Air-Britain - Airliners.net - Airplane-Pictures.net - flickr.com - WorldAirPics.com - JetPhotos.net - PlanePictures.net