F.4 WW664 - Privately Owned, Thetford area, Norfolk
Hunter F.4 WW664 at Spanhoe, 7th October 2010; Richard E Flagg
WW664 was converted from an F.4 to a T.8 at some point after 1955 and so the original F.4 cockpit preserved in the Thetford area, the rest of the fuselage was transferred to FAA in 1958. Sadly on 31/10/1969, the rest of the airframe of WW664 had an engine failure resulting in a fire on take-off from RAF Lossiemouth - both crew ejected, although, the pilot Sub Lt Zbigniew K. Skrodzki later died due to his injuries and now rests in the Lossiemouth cemetery.
Information on this page current as of 17/06/2021, last updated by Jake
Find other photos of WW664 on the following sites:
Air-Britain - Airliners.net - Airplane-Pictures.net - flickr.com - WorldAirPics.com - JetPhotos.net - PlanePictures.net