Thunder & Lightnings

English Electric Canberra - Survivor WH798

PR.7 WH798 - Suffolk Aviation Heritage Group, Kesgrave, Suffolk

Click for previous survivorSurvivor imageClick for next survivor

Canberra PR.7 WH798 at Kesgrave, 22nd September 2013; Richard E Flagg

WH798 first took to the skies in 1954. In the early 1970s, WH798 was transferred to Germany where she became a decoy airframe and received the maintenance number 8130M; a few years later she was moved to St Athan for storage.

In November 1981, the aircraft was moved to the Wales Aircraft Museum for storage, sadly she was left untouched while at the museum and could be seen lying in pieces. Just over a decade later, the museum collapsed resulting in WH795 getting the chop. Thankfully the cockpit was saved and was moved to Kesgrave where she became a part of the Suffolk Aviation Heritage Group. Since the photo above was taken, the cockpit has been undergoing a full restoration project.

Information on this page current as of 01/10/2018, last updated by Jake

Find other photos of WH798 on the following sites:

Air-Britain - - - - - -