XG337 - RAF Museum Cosford, Shropshire
Lightning F.1 XG337 at Cosford, 17th May 2007; author
XG337 was the last of the development batch of F.1s, and first flew on 5th September 1959. She was mostly used for Red Top missile trials both at Warton and Boscombe Down, and also received the square topped fin as part of trials for the forthcoming F.3. Retired to ground instructional use as 8056M at Cosford and later Halton, she returned to Cosford when earmarked for preservation. She completes the line-up of Lightning ancestors and prototypes at Cosford and has been suspended from the roof of the Cold War Exhibition in a traditional Lightning vertical climb!
Information on this page current as of 17/05/2007
Find other photos of XG337 on the following sites:
Air-Britain - Airliners.net - Airplane-Pictures.net - flickr.com - WorldAirPics.com - JetPhotos.net - PlanePictures.net - Vertical Reality