J-4015 - Hunter Verein Glarus, Mollis (preserved), Molllis, Switzerland
Hunter F.58 J-4015 at Mollis, 14th August 2006; author
Built by Hawkers as an F.58, J-4015 first flew at Dunsfold on 1st January 1959 and was delivered to the Swiss Air Force at Emmen the next month. She served with Fliegerstaffels 3, 5, 7, 11 and 20 and during 20's last refresher course the ground crew were let loose on her with 160 spray cans! The result was 'Graffiti Hunter' and she flew in this scheme from September 1994 onward, being retired in December 1994. She made one more flight in May 1995, being delivered to Hunter Verein Glarus at the ex-Swiss Air Force base at Mollis, where she now resides. She's normally stored in one of the mountainside hangars and is a potential for restoration to airworthiness though the cost involved is substantial. Her engine is run occasionally and she is seen here displayed outside as a static exhibit at the Air Mollis/International Hunter Meet airshow.
Information on this page current as of 19/08/2006
Find other photos of J-4015 on the following sites:
Air-Britain - Airliners.net - Airplane-Pictures.net - flickr.com - WorldAirPics.com - JetPhotos.net - PlanePictures.net