E-412 - Brooklands museum, Weybridge, Surrey
Hunter F.51 E-412 at Brooklands, 11th October 2008; Brian A Marshall
E-412 has suffered some hard times over the last few years! Built as an F.51 for the Royal Danish Air Force, she first flew on 10th April 1956 and was delivered to the RDAF four months later. Bought back by Hakwers in 1976, her history since then is a little unclear but she ended up on display at the Tangmere Military Aviation Museum, painted up as a 43 Squadron RAF aircraft with the serial XF314. She next moved to the now-defunct Front Line Aviation Museum on the Isle of Wight. Sadly not a lot was done there and with the museum's collapse she moved once again to Parkhouse Aviation at Wycombe Air Park where she was displayed at the entrance to the airfield next to Lightning XM172 from around 1998 onwards. Only in early 2006 did she move on again, and is now at Brooklands being restored - as you can see she's been paint-stripped and is currently partially dismantled.
Information on this page current as of 12/10/2008
Find other photos of E-412 on the following sites:
Air-Britain - Airliners.net - Airplane-Pictures.net - flickr.com - WorldAirPics.com - JetPhotos.net - PlanePictures.net