60-602 - Saqr al Jazira (RSAF) Museum, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
Hunter F.6A 60-602 at Riyadh, 9th August 2007; Brian Mouat
XJ634 was built as an F.6 and first flew on 3rd January 1957. Delivered to 5 MU two months later, she served with 93(F) Squadron and then 1 TWU, being retired to ground instructional use at Cranwell (as 8684M) in 1981. Disposed of, she spent some time in storage with Everett Aero before being presented to Saudi Arabia for display in the then-new RSAF Museum at Riyadh in 1999, where she is now on display in full Saudi colours. The real 60-602 was XE591 before being bought by Hawkers, converted to an F.60 and sold to the Saudis (they later presented her to the Jordanians).
Information on this page current as of 23/10/2008
Find other photos of 60-602 on the following sites:
Air-Britain - Airliners.net - Airplane-Pictures.net - flickr.com - WorldAirPics.com - JetPhotos.net - PlanePictures.net