WT660 - Highland Aircraft Preservation Society, near Inverness, Scotland
Hunter F.1 WT660 at HAPS site, 29th May 2000; Bob Lawson
WT660 was the gate guard at RAF Carlisle for over 30 years, having had only a brief service life lasting from 1955 (with the DFLS) to 1957 (with 229 OCU), before being retired and used as a maintenance airframe until May 1957. After disposal, it spent many years privately owned at Cullen and was bought in November 1999 by HAPS and has spent several years undergoing a complete restoration for static display. In February 2008 she was reassembled for the first time in many years, and is now on display at the museum. A repaint is also planned - the colour scheme will include the red dorsal and fin from DFLS days.
Information on this page current as of 06/10/2008
Find other photos of WT660 on the following sites:
Air-Britain - Airliners.net - Airplane-Pictures.net - flickr.com - WorldAirPics.com - JetPhotos.net - PlanePictures.net