WT746 - Dumfries & Galloway Aviation Museum, Dumfries, Dumfries & Galloway, Scotland
Hunter F.4 WT746 at Dumfries & Galloway, 30th August 2012; Tom McGhee / demobbed.org.uk
WT746 first flew on 1st March 1955 and was then delivered to No.5 Maintenance Unit. Its flying career was spent with the Air Fighting Development Squadron at RAF West Rayham in Norfolk from around 1960. After that it became a ground instructional airframe at various RAF technical establishments, including Halton and St. Athan. Its career ended when Saighton Camp near Chester closed and it was put up for disposal. Bought and transported to the Museum in 1999, the aircraft is in excellent condition with a complete cockpit and was initially repainted overall black as XF506, the mount of Squadron Leader Peter Latham of the 'Black Arrows' (111 Squadron). Since then she's clearly been repainted - apparently in 43 Sqn colours - but the new scheme has worn very badly as you can see.
Information on this page current as of 06/09/2012
Find other photos of WT746 on the following sites:
Air-Britain - Airliners.net - Airplane-Pictures.net - flickr.com - WorldAirPics.com - JetPhotos.net - PlanePictures.net