Gloster Javelin - Survivor XH783
FAW.7 XH783 - Catford Independent Air Force, Catford, Greater London
Javelin FAW.7 XH783 at Sibson, April 1985; Alan Allen
Before XH783 entered service, it was stored at No.5 MU Kemble (Now Cotswold Airport) up to 1958 where it was used by the A&AEE and the Guided Weapons Test Squadron at RAF Valley. It then moved to No.27 MU Shawbury at the end of 1962 where it was decided it was non-effective, it was soon transferred to No.1 SoTT Halton for technical training as 7798M. Sadly, the airframe was scrapped in 1967, although the cockpit was thankfully saved and preserved at the Catford Independence Air Force where it is still present to this day.
Information on this page current as of 10/07/2021, last updated by Jake