T.8B XF995 - Hawker Hunter Aviation Ltd. (flyer), RAF Scampton, Lincolnshire
Hunter T.8B XF995 at RAF Scampton, 11th August 2008; Damien Burke
XF995 was built as a Hunter F4 at Blackpool (the 51st F4 of the sixth production batch of 57 aircraft). was first flown July 1956 and delivered to the RAF at No. 33 MU, RAF Lyneham on 20th July 1956. Operated by No 247 Squadron and No 229 OCU, she was returned to Hawker Siddeley Aviation in 1963 and converted to a T.8B (one of three) for the Royal Navy. She was later transferred to the RAF and flown by No. 237 OCU for Buccaneer pilot training, and ended her military career as an instructional airframe at RAF Cranwell. Sold in November 2000 to Chris Perkins, Delta Jets got the job of returning her to the air and did so remarkably quickly, flying her to Kemble in February 2001. In early 2007 she was acquired by Hawker Hunter Aviation and re-registered as XF995, losing her civilian ID and coming under MoD auspices once more. She is now maintained by HHA on behalf of the MoD and operates on various trials and defence simulation work.
Information on this page current as of 17/09/2008
Find other photos of XF995 on the following sites:
Air-Britain - Airliners.net - Airplane-Pictures.net - flickr.com - WorldAirPics.com - JetPhotos.net - PlanePictures.net