WV322 - Canfield Hunter Ltd., North Weald, Essex
Hunter T.8C WV322 at Baginton, 30th May 2003; author
WV322 was built as an F.4 and first flown on 8th June 1955. Delivered to the RAF 20 days later, she was operated by 43 and 92 Squadrons and then in 1959 was returned to Hawkers for conversion to a T.8C. She was delivered to the Royal Navy and operated by 764 NAS and later 809 NAS for Buccaneer pilot training. With the Buccaneer's retirement from FAA service, WV322 was transferred to the RAF and flown by 237 OCU, again for Buccaneer pilot training. On retirement she ended up as an instructional airframe at RAF Cranwell before being put up for disposal in early 2001. Christopher Perkins purchased her and after a week and half of intensive work at Cranwell by engineers from Kemble-based Delta Jets, WV322 flew on a ferry permit on 14th February, landing at Kemble where she underwent work to return her to full permit to fly status. WV322's first post-restoration flight was on 13th March 2002. She's seen here arriving at Baginton for the Coventry Classic Airshow 2003. Since then she's bounced around a bit between owners and has ended up at North Weald, hopefully being restored back to flying condition.
Information on this page current as of 03/08/2014
Find other photos of WV322 on the following sites:
Air-Britain - Airliners.net - Airplane-Pictures.net - flickr.com - WorldAirPics.com - JetPhotos.net - PlanePictures.net