T.53 ET-272 - Norfolk and Suffolk Aviation Museum, Suffolk
Hunter T.53 ET-272 at Norfolk and Suffolk Aviation Museum, 1st February 2015; Richard E Flagg
ET-272 first flew in October 1958 and was delivered to the Danish Air Force the next month, allocated to Esk 724. ET-272 stayed with Esk 724 throughout her career, moving from Aalborg to Karup and then to Skrydstrup in March 1959. Esk 724 disbanded in March 1974, ET-272 was retired and sold back to Hawker-Siddeley Aviation in December 1975.
After retirement, the airframe was scrapped with the nose moving to Jet Heritage and later Bruntingthorpe. Here it was stripped for parts and then moved on to North Weald where it was in the hands of The Jet Centre (ex McCarthy Aviation). ET-272 was seen in a rather poor state at North Weald, the lack of paint didn't help its exterior appearance! It was soon moved again to the Classic Jets of Exeter where it was too be mounted to the fuselage of another Hunter that was looking to becoming flight worthy, for some reason this seemed to have fallen through and so the owners then put the cockpit on loan to the Boulton & Paul Association for restoration and display.
Since then, ET272 has found it's way to Norfolk and Suffolk Aviation Museum where it can be seen on display today. The cockpit looks in fairly good condition on the exterior apart from the faded windows and canopy.
Information on this page current as of 03/08/2021, last updated by Jake
Find other photos of ET-272 on the following sites:
Air-Britain - Airliners.net - Airplane-Pictures.net - flickr.com - WorldAirPics.com - JetPhotos.net - PlanePictures.net