F.6 N-250 - IWM Duxford, Cambridgeshire
Hunter F.6 N-250 at Duxford, 4th June 2019; Damien Burke
Tucked away to the side of the AirSpace hangar at Duxford you can find this nose section which was once part of a Dutch Air Force Hunter, N-250. She was built in 1957 by Fokker-Aviolanda at Schiphol, one of 237 built there. She first flew in July 1958 entered service with 325 Squadron, Royal Netherlands Air Force on the 20th of August 1958. She was bought back by Hawker Siddeley Aviation on 24th April 1964, who put her into store initially and then in 1967 began work on converting her to a twin-seat T.Mk.66D. As a result the single seater nose was surplus to requirements. The new two seater was delivered to No.5 MU in September 1967, before being delivered to India later in the year as S-581. N-250's old nose was then delivered to the Science Museum, who donated it to the IWM. She's in excellent condition and the cockpit appears to be complete. She's a real time capsule, wearing original paint and stencil decals.
Information on this page current as of 02/12/2020
Find other photos of N-250 on the following sites:
Air-Britain - Airliners.net - Airplane-Pictures.net - flickr.com - WorldAirPics.com - JetPhotos.net - PlanePictures.net