Hawker Sea Hawk
WV903 - Bill Turnbull, Mold, Flintshire / Hooton Park, Ellesmore Port, Cheshire
Sea Hawk FGA.6 WV903 at Yeovilton, 11th June 1999; Mark Russell
An Armstrong-Whitworth constructed FGA.4 initially, WV903 first flew in late 1954 and served with 804, 811, 897 and 802 NAS before being converted to an FGA.6. She returned to service in April 1957 with 801 NAS. By 1961 her frontline career was over and she was shunted between various ground establishments for instructional use, ending up with the School of Aircraft Handling at RNAS Culdrose by 1976. By 1985 she had moved to storage at RNAS Lee-on-Solent and was put up for disposal in 1994. Acquired by the RNHF for spares use, she moved to RNAS Yeovilton in 1995 and was in open store for some years before being acquired by Bill Turnbull in 2007. Unfortunately the wings had been scrapped before the sale. Bill keeps the nose section at home and stores the centre and rear fuselage sections at Hooton Park.
Information on this page current as of 11/01/2012
Find other photos of WV903 on the following sites:
Air-Britain - Airliners.net - Airplane-Pictures.net - flickr.com - IrishAirPics.com - JetPhotos.net - PlanePictures.net