Survivor WV372 (G-BXFI)
WV372 - Canfield Hunter Ltd. (flyer), North Weald, Essex
Hunter T.7 WV372 at Kemble, 19th June 2011; author
WV372 was built as an F.4 and first flew on 15th July 1955. Delivered to 222(F) Squadron on 2nd September 1955, around a year later her rear fuselage was badly damaged by an in-flight fire caused by hot exhaust gases escaping when the jetpipe detached from the engine. Returned to Hawkers, she was repaired and converted to a T.7 and returned to the RAF (5 MU) on May 1959. She went on to serve with the RAF Jever and Gutersloh Station Flights, II(AC) Squadron (in whose colours she now flies) and 4 FTS. After retirement she was one of Jet Heritage's airworthy Hunters and carried out one of her first public displays in 1998. Since then the aircraft has changed hands several times, having been owned by the Fox One consortium (based at Kemble), then Conciair Ltd and then Hunter Flying (based for some time at Exeter, and part of the short-lived Team Viper display team, before moving to their new base at St. Athan). She was put up for sale once more and is now based with new owners at North Weald - and should be back on the airshow circuit this summer.
Information on this page current as of 24/06/2013
Find other photos of WV372 on the following sites:
Air-Britain - Airliners.net - Airplane-Pictures.net - flickr.com - IrishAirPics.com - JetPhotos.net - PlanePictures.net