XK724 - RAF Museum Cosford, Shropshire
Gnat F.1 XK724 at Cosford, 6th April 2008; author
XK724 was the first of six Gnat F.1s ordered by the Ministry of Supply for evaluation purposes and first flew on 26th May 1956. Initially earmarked for armaments trials she went on to assist in the development of the Finnish and Indian F.1 variants before being retired to instructional use at RAF Henlow in March 1961. Transferred to Cranwell in 1967, eventually she was disposed of to the RAF Museum and is now on display at Cosford, in excellent condition.
Information on this page current as of 09/10/2010
Find other photos of XK724 on the following sites:
Air-Britain - Airliners.net - Airplane-Pictures.net - flickr.com - WorldAirPics.com - JetPhotos.net - PlanePictures.net